At the same time, we realize that your project is exciting and something you will want to experience as it progresses. The following Roadmap will set forth the major stages of Project Development, Design & Selection, Construction and the final finishes on your home.
Pre-Design & Consultation:
Prior to beginning the design process, we will sit with you and your family and talk lifestyle, loves, dislikes and other issues that impact how you live and how those things both can and should translate into features in your new or remodeled home.
1. 1st Consultation
2. Development of a 1st Draft Floorplan / Change Plan
3. Second Consultation – We will sit down and go through/mark-up 1st or 2nd Drafts and begin to define the direction of the project.
4. Further Draft Development / Edits & Changes
5. Third Consultation – Usually we are very close to a final plan at this point and typically we will make edits that allow us to proceed to send draft plans to subcontractors, suppliers & other parties to begin putting together a project budget.
6. Finalize Plans for Permitting
Budget & Contract:
1. Budget Development - Over typically a 3-4 week period following #6 above, we will receive bids and quotes from the various suppliers and subcontractors who will perform work on your project and put together a budget.
2. Contract – Once a budget has been developed, we will meet with you to finalize our contract and agree on next steps that must be executed in support of your bank or financing partner’s requirements.
3. Deliver Budget & Plans to Financial Institution (If Applicable)
4. File Permits
Construction & Selections:
During the time between contract and groundbreak, it will be necessary to make as many final selections as possible, particularly given the current supply chain challenges. We will give you a firm schedule for selections at the time of your contract based upon your design and the finish considerations for your home. We do set some firm selection deadlines in this schedule, however, these are to aid in the smooth execution of your build and helps “keep the trains running on time”. We will work hand-in-hand with you or your interior designer through the selection process to ensure no items are overlooked and that orders are placed at the proper times to meet our construction schedule.
While this Roadmap is by no means exhaustive, we have tried to set forth major milestones & expectations for selection and building walkthrough timelines typical to most projects. As always, we will communicate with you at every step of the way and take responsibility for prompting you when action is needed!
Copyright © 2023 WESTERN VISIONS INC - All Rights Reserved
MT - CR 265455 / Missoula - 2023-MSS-LCR-00253 / U.S. EPA - NAT-188854-1
Office & Design Center: 16366 Old HWY 93 South, Lolo, MT
Mailing: 400 W. Broadway, STE 101-502, Missoula, MT 59802
406-830-6680 / email@example.com